I am sorry, but this site is only supported in an strict HTML compliant browser.
If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or below, we recommend you update your browser to Intenet Explorer 8 or try compliant browser such as
Firefox or Google Chrome
Want to stay informed about where events are happening?
Click HERE for all the information!
Click to Visit the Video Gallery
Click for Downloads Page
Quote by Austin Farrar
The relationship between rational argument (evidence) and belief.
"Though argument does not create conviction, lack of it destroys belief.
What seems to be proved may not be embraced: but what no one shows the ability to defend is quickly abandoned.
Rational argument does not create belief, but it maintains a climate in which belief may flourish."
The FIRM Foundation Mission Statement and Goals
FIRM Foundation - Mission Statement
The FIRM Foundation (Foundation for Indigenous Research and Mormonism) is an organization dedicated to showing forth evidences for the Book of Mormon in order to provide LDS Church members with well researched information enabling them to powerfully and respectfully defend its historicity and thus its truthfulness - with the ultimate goal of bringing people unto Christ.
FIRM Foundation - Goals
- to bring people to Christ through evidences of the Book of Mormon that cause them to realize that it is a literal historical and prophetic account of real people and events thereby encouraging them to read, study and ponder the book - which ultimately builds and strengthens testimonies of its truthfulness through the Holy Spirit,
- to utilize the prophecies and promises in the Book of Mormon to increase awareness and understanding of the ancient prophetic history that took place in a long established covenanted and promised land - which today is found within the borders of the nation-state called The United States of America,
- to conduct research in a multiplicity of scientific and scholarly fields of endeavor which may provide secular support for the historicity of the Book of Mormon – including, but not limited to such disciplines as genetics, archaeology, climatology, anthropology, history, religion, geography, linguistics, mythology, meteorology, astronomy, metallurgy, architecture, ancient texts, Jewish customs, zoology, agronomy, oceanography, geophysics, etc.,
- to correlate, publish and offer through our bookstore works of LDS scholars and researchers involving the Heartland Book of Mormon Geography Model and related research in support of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the gospel of Jesus Christ,
- to produce, provide and encourage well-researched articles, papers, books, films, newsletters and presentations in support of the Book of Mormon through the Heartland Model,
- to create one or more online repositories of knowledge, research and educational materials pertaining to evidence of the Book of Mormon’s historicity through the Heartland Model,
- to organize, conduct and sponsor events such as presentations, symposiums, firesides, webinars, and conferences providing educational opportunities for all interested,
- to objectively evaluate and review the assertions, articles, books, films, speeches and conferences of individuals or organizations promoting the plethora of Book of Mormon historical settings, and when said research is critical of the Heartland Model, to correct erroneous, unfounded, misrepresented, ill-conceived or poorly researched information as it pertains the Heartland Model through dispassionate instruction and education in a respectful and Christ-like manner that seeks to avoid confrontation and contention,
- to provide further on-location educational opportunities through travel and tours to visit proposed Book of Mormon sites and museums in conjunction with Church History and United States history,
- to provide forums (blog, facebook, etc.) where responsible scholars, researchers and interested individuals can discuss and present ideas and discoveries consistent with the Heartland Model setting for the Book of Mormon, and
- to organize and engage the many thousands of volunteers who have offered to help with this research and organization.